This day was pretty epic. In fact, it was out of this world. Day 11 had a definite Star Wars theme and we loved it. From getting the most amazing hug from Chewbacca to BB-8 cupcakes, we were embracing all of the new Star Wars themeing at Hollywood Studios.
We stayed here from opening right until close and there was still plenty more to do. Everyone saying that this is a half-day park definitely hasn’t tried to watch all the shows and meet the characters. We were really surprised at how much there is to do here.
If you like improv and comedy, this is definitely the vlog for you because we saw the Citizens of Hollywood quite a few times through the day. We love their brand of humor so made sure we got to see a few of their shows. They’re truly hilarious.
Make sure you take a look at my top tips for Hollywood Studios below after watching the video!
Top tips for Hollywood Studios
- Don’t waste a Fastpass on the shows. Though there aren’t a lot of Fastpass rides here, so only consider making one if you have done all the rides.
- The fireworks aren’t on every night, so make sure you check the times guide in the morning.
- You are unlikely to be able to see Fantasmic and the fireworks on the same night (may be different when Fantasmic has two showings per night). It’s best to pick one or the other and enjoy it.
- Ask at Guest Services to find out when the Citizens of Hollywood are coming out.
- There are so many characters to find here. Check the Disney app to find out when and where they’re going to be.
- Rock ‘n Rollercoaster usually has the slowest moving queue, so make sure you go there first or get a Fastpass.
- Toy Story Mania is working on increasing capacity with a new track, but one track can often go down. It’s worth going on this first thing in the morning.
- Now that Pizza Rizzo has opened, there are much better choices for Quick Service dining. The ABC Comissary is fully air conditioned, while the Backlot Express has lots of Star Wars themed food.
- There are lots of Full-Service dining options, including fun themed dining like 50’s Prime Time and the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre. Our favourite is probably Mama Melrose.
- We used two full days to do everything at this park. When I say everything, I really do mean everything, from characters to shows.
I hope you enjoyed the vlog this week! See you next time for Magic Kingdom. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions.