Something very exciting is happening on Faraway Lisa Mae today. Yes, it’s my very first guest post! The lovely Jenn is from Canada and loves Disney just as much as I do. To celebrate our obsession with all things related to Walt Disney World, we have each shared our top ten tips for making the most out of a visit to the place where magic lives.
If you’re a fan of A Spoonful of Sugar, I’m so glad that you’ve decided to check out my blog. Take a look around; there are lots of Disney posts about my experience working for the company, my advice, and all about my upcoming trip to Florida in October.
Without further ado, it’s time to hand over to Jenn to share her top tips for making the most of a trip to Walt Disney World.
My fellow Disney Princess Lisa Mae and I have decided to come together and share with you some magical experiences we’ve had at Walt Disney World. Lisa has highlighted some amazing tips, so head over to www.aspoonfulofsugars.wordpress.com to check out her list!
It’s lovely to meet all of you! I can’t wait to share with you some of my personal favourite Disney tips that I’ve used when I’m at the parks. It’s always exciting to know some little “tips & tricks” on how you can make your experience that more magical, at the happiest place on earth.
I’m sure there are plenty of blogs out there outlining the ideal Disney World itinerary but honestly I don’t think someone can cover absolutely everything! It’s impossible! I’ve only had the pleasure of visiting Florida twice and California once, and each time I’ve been, there’s been something new and exciting that has made my trip just that more magical! Here is my 10 tips on how to get the most out of your trip to Walt Disney World.
1. Minnie Ears – When you visiting either WDW or DL for the first time (or the 3rd, 4th, 5th) you’ll soon realize that no matter how old you are, it’s essential to buy a pair of Minnie Ears! It amazes me how many different styles they have. The first time I went to Disney 4 years ago, they didn’t have the trend of Minnie Ears, and if they did I clearly didn’t notice but I couldn’t help it! I had to purchase a pair of Elsa ears ASAP! My mind was already made up! Many bloggers out there actually create their own, or have their own Etsy shop for Minnie Ears as well.
2. Fast Pass – Get on this! If this is your first time planning a trip to Disney this is one of the most important parts of making sure you reach those popular rides that always have over a 75 minute wait! I believe if you purchase through Disney, you get 3 a day per park you visit. There’s normally a Fast Pass station at each park if you want to swap out your options, but there isn’t much available usually. The Top 3 rides I would personal suggest is Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain.
3. Magic Hour at The Magic Kingdom – Some days depending on which month/holiday there is, for those guests who are staying at WDW you can enter into The Magic Kingdom late, and party on until 2am. I think this only happens for TMK, but I could be wrong and it could be for other parks as well, if so please let me know! This is a great tactic for planning out Fast Passes as well, if it’s early admission you can plan them earlier, late opening, later Fast Passes! It allows you to experience the magic for a little longer than usual.
4. Take in a Show! – I’m not usually one for theatrical shows BUT, my mind was quickly changed with the performances at WDW! I would highly recommend watching any show around any of the parks, I can promise you that you won’t be disappointed! My favourite was the production of Finding Nemo at Animal Kingdom. I cried! True story!
5. Character Interactions – Any character that you’re in love with, whether it’s Ariel, Buzz Lightyear, Winnie the Pooh or Mickey himself, it will be the most rewarding experience for anyone no matter how old you are. I have been in love with Eeyore my whole life, I even have his Bow tattooed on my back! I got to meet him for the first time this past October and I cried for about an hour. I have never been SO happy, it was truly the most magical encounter I have had in a very long time! Mickey Mouse even TALKS, it’s incredible! Make sure you/your little ones make time to wait for their favourite characters! The moment is breathtaking!!
6. Pressed Pennies – I’m Canadian! We don’t use those useless things anymore! Everywhere, in every store and every park there was tons of kids I saw, lining up to have their pennies pressed with magical, memorable designs. A lot of kids even had cases for them, and collections! This was a huge attraction when I was there! It’ a cute little memory for only $0.51!
7. Magic Bands/Experience App – Lisa touches on this in her list but I think it’s such a HUGE part of planning your trip with Disney I couldn’t ignore it! This past October was my first experience with Magic Bands, last time I went they only had the swipe cards. You can do EVERYTHING with this band, it has all your dinning plans on it, your tickets to the park, photos, and you can swim with it! AMAZING! And they come in every colour you can imagine! The Experience App is also so important, and the parks always have wifi so for anyone visiting outside the USA you will have access as well! It shows you how long line ups are, when Character’s will be appearing, you can plan your Fast Passes with it, and it’s such a life saver! Even now, being at home I check it every so often and cry inside because Space Mountain is only a 5 minute wait. LET’S GO!
8. Hydration/Water – It is HOT in those parks! I would sweat in areas I never knew could perspire, it was just that sticky… it’s so important to remain hydrated and drink TONS of water because believe me, it will make you feel magical, and you’ll enjoy your time just that much more! Disney offers free ice water at any restaurant you come across, save your money with the bottled water!
9. Ponchos! – You’ll be lucky to buy one of these, or even invest in one before you fly! It rained HARD when I was in Florida, for one day it almost looked like I jumped in a pool, go out and started walking around the park. It’s so important, and believe me, it will be a life saver!
10. Never be afraid to ask for help! – Walt Disney World is rated #1 in North America for its level of customer service. No question is a stupid question, and the employees around the park are more than willing to help you in any given situation! Often times they’ll address you as “princess” or “little prince” which makes me chuckle!
If you want to read more about my past Disney Experiences, I’d love to see you pop over to my blog A Spoonful of Sugar at www.aspoonfulofsugars.wordpress.com
Thank you so much for having me Lisa! xx
It is so lovely to have Jenn on my blog, and I hope it’s the first of many collaborations. Thanks for sharing your great tips!
Have you ever been to Disney World, or would you like to go? Share your top tips in the comments!