Sadly the title of this blog is a tad misleading as I haven’t actually won an award. But the lovely Miss Jamie-Leigh has nominated me to answer ten tricky questions, which is just as good.
The Liebster Award is a tag that’s travelling around the blogging community at the moment. Someone nominates you, invents ten questions, you answer them and then nominate another ten people. It’s not too complicated, right? Though I’ve been given some fairly tricky questions. So if you want to find out what the best lipstick ever is or read my starter blogging tips, read on.
You can read Miss Jamie-Leigh’s post here.
But without further ado, here are my answers.
1) Favorite blog topics to read?
I’m pretty simple as I like blogs that are just that – logs of people’s lives. I’m incredibly nosy, probably thanks to my journalism degree, so I always want to know what others are up to and what makes them tick.
2) What is your favorite drugstore product and why?
Tough one! I absolutely love Max Factor lipsticks. They’re so much cheaper than the more popular brands, and yet they stay on all day, often even after I’ve eaten, and they’re really moisturising. What more could you want? My favourite colours are currently Raisin and Mulberry. My only complaint is that they don’t have more colours because I would wear this range everyday if I could.
3) What is the best advice you’ve ever received (blogging or life in general)?
I take it back. This is much harder. I’ve grown quite a hard skin since I moved to London and I take absolutely no nonsense anymore. But I was listening to a Caitlin Moran talk on YouTube and she said that if you’re looking to succeed, you need to be incessantly lovely. Be the person that people want to be around. Don’t let them dislike you because you’re just too lovely. It might be obvious advice, but it reminded me that even though I need a thick skin, it’s important to not loose the gooey centre. There’s definitely a creme egg analogy in there.
4) Coffee or Tea?
Tea. Milk, no sugar. PG Tips if at all possible.
5) Favorite School memory?
I didn’t enjoy the social side of school a huge amount because I always kept myself to myself. To find my favourite memory, I’d probably go all the way back to when I was about ten and we went gorge walking in Wales. This is basically walking through the middle of a stream and also up a hill. I fell complete under the water about two second in, so I enjoyed the whole experience immensely after I’d lost my inhibitions.
Or maybe that time in Year 4 when I hit a really annoying boy on the head with my broken arm encased in a plaster cast. I had a surprising violent streak.
6) First celebrity crush?
Zack from Saved By The Bell. I think I was too young to even know what a crush was, but I was definitely crushing on him.
7) Would you rather delete all of your blog posts and start from scratch or never be able to blog again? (and why?)
I’m not afraid of fresh starts, and I love blogging too much to never be able to do it again.
8) Your go to party song?
Starships by Nicki Minaj. It reminds me of the first and only proper girls holiday I’ve been on. We went to Magaluf and would sing this awfully after midnight every night. I can hear the howling now…
If that fails, then Bewitched and anything from the Spice Girls is perfect.
9) Favorite place you’ve ever been?
There are so many contenders for this, and all of them are in the USA. I want to live in Chicago, Orlando is like my second home, and I adored visiting Nashville. But the Grand Canyon is the one place that blew me over. It is so incredibly beautiful and enchanting. Definitely go if you’re ever nearby.
Happy (but also slightly blind) at the Grand Canyon
10) What is the best thing blogging has done for you?
It’s given me a sense of purpose and something productive to do in my spare time. I tend to go a bit stir crazy watching TV for hours after work, so blogging is the perfect way to engage my brain in a fun way.
11) What advice would you give to a brand new blogger?
You don’t have to believe every little piece of advice you hear or read. Just because it worked for someone doesn’t mean it has to work for you as well. And just because you’re not getting thousands of followers or views to start with, it doesn’t mean that you’re not successful. Keep going and make sure it stays enjoyable.
So now it’s my turn to nominate. I do apologise if you’ve been nominated before – even several times before – but I hope you take it as the compliment that it is! I really enjoy reading all of the blogs I’m going to nominate, so I suggest you check them out well – and make sure they answer their questions!
- Lauren Jane / By Lauren Jane
- Tori / 30 Plus and Beautiful
- Tara / Tara Daniella
- Emma / Emma’s Bookery
- Sharon / Rosie Loves Life
- Alice / Our Own Wonderland
- Stephanie / SR Photography
- Abby / The Achromat
- Lizi / It’s Lizi
- Poly / Poly Parr
- Victoria / Accio Victoria
I’m feeling happy and aspirational today, so my questions are along the same lines. I hope you enjoy answering them.
- What advice would you give to your fifteen-year-old self?
- What is your proudest achievement to date?
- Tell us about something great that happened to you this week.
- How is 2016 looking for you so far?
- Do you ever get sick of your blog?
- What do you do if you’re in a blogging rut?
- Do you have a friend that you couldn’t live without? Why is that person so important?
- What is your main life goal?
- If you could win the lottery, how would you treat the people closest to you?
- Do you have a favourite charity or cause? Tell us about why they’re amazing.
- Share a piece of invaluable life advice that you’ve picked up.
Good luck! Don’t forget to send me your links when you’re done.
I have actually been nominated for the award again, so you might see some more answers coming from me soon. Just in case you don’t know enough about me already!